Experience the most ancient Ayurvedic ritual to rest and calm the mind at Begnas Yoga & Retreat. Shirodhara is a therapy specifically for the ‘third eye’ or ‘chakra point’ just above and between the eyebrows, said to be the seat of human consciousness. Deriving Sanskrit words ‘shiro’ means head and dhara means flow.
Shirodhara therapy is a steady flow of warm herbal oils, milk or buttermilk, or decoctions are poured in a slow steady stream on your forehead. The oils are allowed to flow over the scalp and through the hair, creating a blissful sensation. This is one of the most divine therapies, awakening your body’s intuitive knowledge. This treatment is profoundly relaxing, nourishing and stimulates a self-healing process deep from the cellular level.
Benefit of this Program:
1. Stimulates the 3rd eye and crown chakras, and awakens intuition and inner wisdom
2. Brings balance and harmony to body, mind and spirit
3. Enhances mental clarity and concentration and comprehension
4. Generates a profound state of relaxation in body and mind, relieving stress
5. Turns on the body’s healing mechanisms
6. Helps balance hormones and neurotransmitters such as serotonin, dopamine and melatonin
7. Works on the cerebral system, helps to relax the nervous system, and balances the ‘Praan Vaayu’ (life force energy) around the head
8. Reduces and relieves migraine headaches
9. Improves sleep patterns and relieves stress induced insomnia
10. Improves the sensitivity of five senses
11. Balances Vata Dosha thereby relieving anxiety, restlessness, irritability, nervousness, fear & excessive thinking
12. Nourishes hair and scalp, and strengthens hair follicles to prevent hair loss and premature graying
13. Softens lines and wrinkles on the face by clearing the mind, dissolving stress and relaxing face muscles
14. Promotes fertility by stimulating the release of hormones in the hypothalamus and pituitary glands behind the forehead.